Skip to main content

a brief update

Hello everyone, 

Okay so it's been a really long time since I posted but this time it's not been because I was too tired or because I couldn't be bothered, it's been because I physically couldn't. So some of you that have me on facebook will know that I actually moved houses on the 8th March, this meant lots of decorating and actually left us without broadband for nearly three and a half weeks, when it should have been two weeks. BT have turned out to be a complete night mare but we have now finally got everything up and running, so I've spent the first couple of days catching up with my emails and the essential things and I am now getting back in to blogging both on here and my oriflame beauty blog. 

So we now have a two bed flat that's quite spacious, the dogs enjoy having more room to run around and play, I enjoy having more room and room to actually put things where they belong, which isn't always the easiest of tasks, and Jack enjoys having room to play on his playstation without the background noise of my T.V. driving him insane. 

We spent the first week completely decorating the flat, every room had it's own colour scheme but I was determined to get a room done at a time so that I could slowly unpack everything  and get rid of all the boxes. The first room that I got done was the front room, the colour scheme in there was all chocolate browns and beiges, we go the T.V on the wall and some lovely crushed velvet curtains that my mum made. The next room that we did was the bathroom, as I love bedrooms that are quite dark the colour scheme in here was black and red. The third room that we did was the kitchen, jack and I made a deal that I could have a pink kitchen if he could have a yellow bathroom, so my kitchen is bubblegum lilac and pink, while the bathroom is bright yellow and navy. While i initially wasn't keen on the bathroom it has slowly warmed to me. 

The dogs are now enjoying the fact that they get to go out more often and get two walks a day for about an hour every day. They then also get walked by me in the evening, during the two walks that jack comes on they get to go off the lead and chase after the balls. When I take them we walk around the roads and they have to stay on the leads and walk nicely. They're having lots of training done at the moment and are becoming lovely well behaved dogs. 

Magic is doing really well, he's now out all day without a rug. He's happy he's having no health problems and he is growing really nicely. He's calm and much better when being handled and has basically lost his entire food aggression, he still has days where he feels quite arsey about it but they are coming few and far between so that makes me happy. He gets complimented on how he is starting to look and I'm hoping this year to really start working with him and developing his skills. While he has had time to be a baby, it'll soon be time for him to start working and developing himself. 

Until Next time 
Amber, Magic, casper and diesel 

Comments

  1. Glad things are settling! Pink kitchen sounds awesome I used to have a pink bedroom:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you lovely, it's taken a while to get settled but loving it now we are settled in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...