Skip to main content

I now have a two year old

Magic is finally 2, to be precise he is 2 years, a week and two days old, and he is doing great, he is finally looking loads better. He's healthier, happier and enjoying life. His manners are coming on in leaps and bounds, he's understanding what I am asking to do and he is slowly coming in to work. 

I have started lunging him twice a week for no more than 10 minutes at a time, 5 minutes on each side making sure that I work him evenly on both sides. He spends the majority of the day out in the field with his friends but he has now learnt that when I ask him to come in he can come in on his own and it doesn't matter that his friends are out in the field. He's doing so well and takes everything that I ask him to in his stride. He's happy, healthy and safe and that is all that matters to me. I'm not writing a lot tonight as I'm a little bit under the weather but here's some videos of magic working. 




Remember that you can check out my youtube channel whenever you want and there you will find all the videos that I create for Magic, as it sometimes takes me a little bit longer to upload them here. 

Casper and Diesel are doing great, part of the reason that I haven't been blogging is that they haven't been to great recently. The environment with my downstairs neighbour has made casper become arsey and also the amount of testosterone flying around between the two of them hasn't been helping. Out of no where Casper started going for diesel and we almost had to have casper put down. Luckily we found a decent vet and spoke to them and they suggested having the pair neutered and said that this should show a huge alteration but that it would take time. The pair have now been neutered and are under a strict training programme and are both doing so much better now. They've not had one play fight or bad moment. They also have to have a diffuser to calm them down as the vets opinion is that the arguing from my neighbours is sending them over the top and to anxious. It's safe to say that this is working so well! 

On that note, I'm now shattered and off to bed. 

Until Tomorrow, 
Amber, Magic, Casper and Diesel. 

Comments

  1. I can't believe Magic is two and a half years old already. Where does the time go? I sure have missed your blog. I still don't have a lot of time, but I'm trying to do better about reading. Magic is absolutely gorgeous!!

    Sorry things were so rough with the dogs. I'm glad things are getting better. Having intact males together is really difficult. My family had two male German Shepherds that were brothers and they used to have the scariest fights, but surprisingly they never hurt each other. I miss those dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...