Skip to main content

6 month plans :)

Today has been a bit better day, my mum managed to get me a appointment with my regular doctor this morning to discuss being prescribed more morphine. After over a month of trying my GP saw me and within two minutes prescribed my regular pain relief, so now I can hopefully get my pain back to being under control which will help with the sleeping. I then came home and watched some T.V. with Jack before popping over to see my mum and get my new phone case. I then came home walked the dogs and did tea.

So I've been spending a lot of time researching what I plan to do with Magic over the next few months and I have found some videos on youtube of things that I am aiming towards doing with Magic over the next 6 months. The first thing that I would like to say is that the videos that have been posted below are not my video's just things that I have taken inspiration from and would like to try.

The first thing that I would like to try and do is lunging over poles, now for any long term followers they will know I had a very poorly horse last winter, and under vets recommendations when Magic came off box rest I actually introduced him to pole work to help with his stifles. So this below video is something that I think Magic would really benefit from.

The next thing that I think that it would be fun to do is work on some desensitisation. Magic isn't a particularly spooky horse, infact the biggest spook that I think that he has ever done consists of a side step and then carrying on with what he was doing. So while my aim with this wouldn't be to make him less spooky I think that it is important that youngsters see and are able to do different things. So this is the video that I watched about it, this was aimed at horses that tend to spook but my aim is to just introduce Magic to new things, to make him as 'bomb proof' as a horse can be.

The third thing that I plan to do is more work on loading with Magic, for those of you that read my blog a long time ago you will know that we did one session of this over the last summer (or was it the summer before) and I think that this is something that needs to be done for several reasons. A) because at some point I am going to want to travel Magic, so he will need to get used to it. B) I think that it is important that can magic can be travelled if for any reason I ever needed to move him quickly and in an emergency. C) I'd like to do some winter league dressage with Magic Eventually. Below is our first ever session of teaching magic to load.

These are the three main things that I plan to do over the next six months as they are all ground based and I think will all build up his courage. I obviously plan to continue lunging magic normally but also to continue the ground driving. I feel like Magic and I are on the same page at the moment and that we are working really well together. I love teaching him new things, and he seems to really love learning everything that he is learning at the moment.

Until Next Time
Amber, Casper, Diesel and Magic.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...