Skip to main content

goals for this year

Okay so I am still ill which is driving me mad, I thought that I would start feeling better after a better nights sleep but unfortunately that's not the case. Today I woke up feeling even worse, with stomach ache and chest pains as well, yo-yoing between being too hot and too cold. But the plus side to not being well is that it has given me time to reflect on things and my goals for this year. So I thought that I would take the time to share these goals with you.

The first being that I want to move houses. I've known this for a little while but I'm becoming more determined. When I moved to Heanor it was only supposed to be a short rest stop until we moved in with Nicki that didn't work out (but that is a whole post for another day). I need to live closer to Magic, I need to be somewhere calmer where I can work the dogs without Jack panicking and where I can spend more time with Magic working on our fitness. I have seen a house that would be perfect but now it's just a waiting game to see whether it would be possible or not.

My next goal is to start the breaking in process with Magic this year, I would like to by the end of the year be able to sit on magic and do extreme light work, not to much of anything just enjoying the time together. Of course this means that Magic will need a saddle and lots of matchy matchy sets, but that is not the point.

By May (when Magic is 3) I would like to be able to walk, trot and possibly canter Magic on the lunge line in both directions. By this time I would like to be building up to lunging him for between 20 and 30 minutes a day. Obviously this time could be split over several sessions a day.

I would like to start making an income for myself, part of this will be through my BHS stages, I plan to continue doing these this year as well as start on my qualifications for teaching. I have also however been thinking that I need to become good at wood work. I've been looking on the internet and there is a wide market for horse equipment, mounting blocks, cavaletti's (to raise poles), wooden haynet holders to make filling nets easier, jumps and poles. I think there is a Market for personalised equipment in a wide range of fun colours at a reduced price, something that is affordable for everyone. I also obviously plan on doing my personalised equestrian products.

I want to have calmer dogs, now I know that part of this is just the fact that they need more exercising and more training. Which is something that needs to be done however due to not being well this is something that I am having to take a break from at the moment. But once I am back on track they will back on their strict schedule.

Tomorrow I plan to let you know about something else that I've been looking at for when Magic is older, and also an idea I've had about lunging with poles when Magic is older.

But for Now i'm off to try and get some sleep and watch some tv.

Until Next Time
Amber, Casper, Diesel and Magic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...