Skip to main content

gym, magic's work continued.

Magic was really good today. I wasn't feeling great when I woke up this morning so I wasn't sure whether I would be up for doing Magic, however jack agreed to do his stable (which of course means magic always gets spoiled for bedding so he loves that). So I took the opportunity to take magic in to the school. I put his roller on, put his bridle on and put his cavesson on. It was the first break in the rubbish weather that we had been having all day then we took him in to the school. I really wanted to concentrate on getting Magic to relax when working. Today we did a bit harder work, doing both walk and trot work to the left and right. We stuck to doing 4 minutes work each way. Every time that I got magic to change what we were doing, I would get him to come back in to the centre and give him a fuss and a rub on his head where his white markings are, his new favourite place to be rubbed. When we had finished doing the work we then walked around the school for a little bit, just as I was about to call it quits Lynn came down and offered to show me how to start ground driving magic. It was super fun to learn and definitely something that I will be doing more work on but it is going to take us a while to get there as at the moment he finds it slightly confusing, but this is only our second ever time of trying this. I have a video below for you guys to watch. He was super good and I do believe that he was really starting to understand what we were asking him to do. I will only be doing this for a couple of minutes each time we try it as I really do not want to over work him at this early stage.

After this I went to my mums and had my tea before heading home. As today was Magic's day to be walked that unfortunately meant that the dogs didn't get walked as I alternate days, so they are a little bit hyper at the moment as they missed there normal walk yesterday because I was feeling really poorly. I then went to the gym, again I stuck to using the cross trainer and the treadmill and stuck to doing the weight loss programme on the cross trainer. This was a lot easier than it had been last time I still felt exhausted by the end of it but no pain, no gain right? I then did my normal rounds on the weight based equipments, although I ended up over doing it a little bit this time due to the fact that I have got a sore elbow and shoulder at the minute. But it's still a learning curve for me, I still have to find my boundaries and limits and find the bits that I can work more on.

I have been spending some time looking at houses today and have found a house that could be perfect, however only time will tell whether it is or not. The best part?? It is literally around the corner from Magic, so I could walk there and wouldn't have to rely on other people to take me.

But that's all I can think of that I have to tell you, so I am now off to bed to get some sleep and rest before a busy day tomorrow.

Until Next Time,
Amber, Magic, Casper and Diesel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...