Skip to main content

lunging, long reining and a trip to the doctors (again)!

Well today has been a bit better and a bit worse, now I know that probably sounds like a complete contradiction but it's definitely how I'm feeling. I woke up this morning and still felt awful so chose to go back to sleep. My mum said that she would do Magic for me but I still wanted to go and see him. Mum said that I was to take it easy and not do to much so while she was starting doing his stable, I decided to start off by brushing him. But then I decided that we would try and do some work so I spent some time giving him some fuss before putting all his tack/equipment back on, we then spent four and half minutes lunging to the right and then four and a half minutes to the left. It took me a while to get him to be calm and relaxed but this was due to the fact that he was quite excitable today, he was a bit all over the place but we still managed to get some nice work together. We did walk and trot in both directions, I tried to ask for the canter but that wasn't happening so we will try that again another day. After we had spent the nine minutes lunging I asked my mum to come in the school and help me and we had another go at ground driving. 

This was so much more improved than it was the last time we tried it which amazed me considering this is only the third time trying to do it. My mum started off by walking on the inside of him so that if she needed to she could come in to me and we could walk around together. However Magic got really excited so she hobbled away and off we went on our own. Magic manged to ground drive in both directions. Even managing to change directions. Now you'll see on the video that we still had a little bit of a wobble, but this is fine and this is expected as he is just a baby. I could have easily kept that part of the video however I think that it is important to show the good parts and the bad parts but more importantly to show how we over come each moment that we have. After we'd done this we gave Magic some fuss and gave him a rub on his head, his new favourite place to be rubbed. Before taking him to his stable and putting him to bed with 2 nice large haynets, a big warm bed and his favourite winter rug. 
From this (to the below) Magic not long after he had first moved to lynns I think he was around 1 here, althought I can't fully remember.

After we had done this I had to ring the out of hours doctors as I was really struggling with breathing. An hour after starting they finally rang me back and told me I had to get to the minor injuries unit NOW. So my mum took me there and after sitting and waiting for over an hour and a half, they said I needed to go back at 830 and see a doctor. From the nurses point of view she was slightly confused as my chest sounds clear, my tonsils (that weren't swollen, then were swollen) now aren't swollen again. My ear is badly infected, but they aren't sure why I am having so much trouble breathing. They've said that I need to be seen by doctors because I'm showing no signs of improvements. 
To this my gorgeous, stubborn and incredibely clever 2 and a half year old. It's mad to see how much Magic has changed over the years, but the one thing that remains the same??? That big kind look in his eye! OUR COMPLETE BFG.

Well I got to see the doctors again and my mum really had to fight my corner as the doctor wanted to leave me another night with nothing to help me out. However in the end agreed to supply me with one morphine tablet for tonight so that hopefully I can better nights sleep. So on that note I'm off to bed and to get some sleep with the faithful pooches. But before I do that I need to dry my hair.

Until Next Time
Amber, Magic, Casper and Diesel.

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...