Skip to main content

One Crazy Baby

Today has been a hectic day but it's been a good day, I didn't sleep the worlds best light night going to sleep at 4 am this morning. However my mum and dad had agreed that as they were helping me with Magic today that they would pick me up at around 10.30am so that I could exercise Magic while they did his stable. I woke up let the dogs out, and had a bagel and honey before breakfast before heading off to meet mum and dad, I always walk towards which ever way that they are driving (in my head this helps them to save petrol).

When we got up to Magic I could see that he was quite excitable, I had text Lynn asking Lynn to leave him in for me while the others went out so that I wouldn't have to go searching for him through muddy fields. This isn't something that Magic really likes but is something that I think that he needs to get used to as he can't always have his own way. I started off by popping Magic's cavesson on and his roller, I decided to leave his bridle as I wasn't feeling 100% and he wasn't being 100% willing so I didn't want to start a battle that I couldn't finish. I then attempted to walk Magic down to the school calmly and quietly, although Magic had other ideas and got all excited running around all over the place, even standing on my foot!

When we got in the school Magic was still incredibly hyper, he just wanted to be with his friends, but I wanted him to do work. As this is something that Magic isn't used to I decided that we wouldn't really try anything new today so we stuck to just lunging to the left and the right. Magic was extremely lively to start with including bucking, kicking, rearing, cantering full force. This is the first time that I've ever really seen Magic like this but at the same time it was fun to see, he wasn't being nasty, just cheeky and a bit naughty. We lunged both ways, 5 minutes each way. While I attempted to keep Magic calm and at a walk and a trot it would appear that Magic had other ideas, so I soon realised that he had got to just get the fizz out of his system and then we could do some calmer work. It took a little while but we got there in the end. He lunged both ways in walk, trot, some uncontrollable canter, and finally some asked for canter (something that he had never done before). Magic soon realised that he wasn't going to get away with not working and that he needed to work and behave to be able to go out with his friends, so while I didn't aim to teach him anything new, he did learn something new. As you will see from the video below there were a few less than perfect moments but it was all fun and games.

Mum and Dad then took me to Risley Saddlery, Dad bought me an extra long lunge line that I plan to cut in half and use for long reining magic so that it's long but it's not too long that I am falling over it. I was also surprised that he bought me a new blue bronte jacket that my mum will then embroider with my name, Magic's name and a picture of Magic. This is something that I have always wanted, so I was really excitied about it.

I'm now curled up watching big brother with the dogs. I would just like to say I am so happy by how far my post on Nicki Williams has got and I am so glad that it is reaching so many people and I really do hope that this can make a difference. So far the post has reached over 400 people and the post is still going up so please keep sharing and let as many people know about this horrible woman as you can do!

Until Next Time
Amber, Casper, Diesel and Magic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...