Skip to main content

The pony behind the Girl

Okay so today i though i would tell you more about the horse thats made me who I am, he's a piebald cob that goes by the name of Jake, or Jakey Boo, or various different names depending on whether he behaves or not that more times than not he doesn't do. He's about 14 years old maybe older than that and thinks that hes a 3 year old that gets him to have as much fun as he really wants too. To most people he might not look like much but to me he is the best horse in the world. He might be over weight and he might be lame on and off but to me he is magical, he's a horse that bought my riding on to where it is now, and I will always love him no matter what.

Things Jake loves, carrots, food of any kind, definitely polo's, lots of attention although iif you overcrowd him he is not going to be happy. What doesn't he like? WORK, having his hoofs picked, work again and being away from his mates, yes he might be a big baby but thats why i love him. I've rode Jake for roughly nine years now, and I dont think that I can imagine life without him. Without Jake I wouldn't be me and that's a fact! 

My boy, not the best photo but this is my boy, he's a mad horse but I love him he doesn't like to work and when he does work he thinks that the best thing to do is run around none stop and go mad.

Trotting as you can see he is just a little bit over excited and like's to pull against the reins but hey thats jake for you

Jakey Boo

The joys of riding without stirrups, I can't stand doing it but some how doing it on Jake doesn't bother me too much this was a lesson after I had fallen off Tuesday about three days ago

Trotting with out stirrups

Just after jake had a spook at the camera when we were riding without stirrups wasn't the best lesson but it proved to me that I can still do it no matter how hard it is I CAN do it if i want to!

Wind in his main :')

Time for a canter on the magical pony that is Jake to be honest I think the smile on my face says it all, words cant describe how much I love this pony.

The pony behind the girl, hes more than just a horse, he's part of me and part of my life and thats the way it is going to stay
 Yes Jake might be a mad horse and yes he might miss behave but at the end of the day he is who he is and there is no way that I would ever change him! This pony is loved for the good and the bad equally. My theory when it comes to animals and people is this if you can't love them at their worst then you sure as hell don't deserve to love them at their best. Horses arent always well behaved and can be dangerous but they DON'T deserve for us to hate them no matter what!

Love
A Girl With A Dream and Jake x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...