Skip to main content

zoo antics

So yesterday my mum took me to the zoo, as well as my little brother and his girlfriend. We went to twycross Zoo which happens to be one of the most famous zoo's in the uk mainly though for it's monkeys, because for those of you that know the Tetley (not sure how you spell it) Tea adverts, the chimpanzee's that were used in the adverts now live at Twycross. It's my favourite zoo because I have been going there since I was a little kid and although they do not include the big cats its a lovely place to go, and last time that I went there it was February and snowing but it was still nice! Unfortunately there was a lot of work going on, they were building a new penguin cove, and penguin walk way, so that they could move around whenever they want to and will have a lot more space than they normally do! They are also building an area for Tigers, Lions, Hyena's and Dholes, not really sure what they are. 

But as I am interested in doing photography mainly to do with animals, but specifically horses, I thought that I would share with you the pictures that I took yesterday! These pictures will all be in black and white as this is my favourite colour to shoot in, however I do also like the idea of using Sepia (brown colours) in my photography as well but this is something that I will have to work towards and maybe one day will manage to do.

Soon I will be back to riding on my part time course on a Saturday Morning at Broomfield but until I can go back to riding, I hope to be able to take some photo's of animals, and horses, that are in the field's locally to wear I live because then I can practice photographing how horse's move, different settings and things like that!

Well thats all for now, so its time for the pictures 


I chose to show you this picture because I really like that you can see the expression on the Silver Back Gorilla's face and also the fact that the picture goes back in several different layers making it look a lot more dimensional.
This one was chosen because I like all the little details that you can see, and also, that the otter is in the centre of the image so your eye is drawn to it even though there is a lot going on in this picture.
I just love the simplicity of this picture.
I chose to show you all this picture for several different reasons, the first reason are that giraffes are my mums favourite at the zoo along with the elephants, But also because this picture goes from jet black through to crisp white.
I just like tha this picture is the reverse to most of the other pictures because on this one the giraffe is the palest part and the surrounding are darker.

Last time that me and mum went to Twycross Zoo we spent hours trying to get a picture of this leopard and this time I managed it so that's why I chose this picture.
This picture was chosen for the same reason as the picture above.
I just like penguins. I like the reflection in this picture all though next time I would like to be able to see more of the reflection, I also like that the white of the penguin really stands out so your eye is drawn to the main focus of the photograph the penguin, which also happens to be in the centre of this image, this was however a coincidence and not planned, but I think it is a coincidence that has worked out well!
Love
A Girl With A Dream.

Comments

  1. Awesome photos of all the animals. It sounds like a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really good, I really enjoyed it. Thankyou for the compliment on my photo's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...