Skip to main content

Amazing Day

So Today has been a pretty hectic day, because last saturday after my riding lesson i damaged the ligament in my foot, and it was extremely painful so i got it checked out at a&e and strapped up to make it a bit easier to ride but mainly to make it easier for me to walk because at the minute walking's really painful. So this morning I woke up at 9:30ish to go down to help build a bonfire at eyes meadow in duffield. It was a good laugh and got done a lot faster than we thought it would get done, as it only took one hour instead of two hours. 

Gatsby after he worked nice and hard. Looking over his stable doot at me, my mum and sam as if to say 'where's me carrot' unfortunately today he didn't get any. He Looks nice and shiny after a good groom, and now is happily in his stable with his fleece rug on though ill let you all in on a trick Gatsby can do he's not learnt to undo the stable door! 
Then my friend sam cam back to mine and then he came to see me ride Gatsby, and so did Wera who i used to ride with at broomfield as she is thinking about riding with me at West Hallam Riding Centre. Today when warming up we were working on making Gatsby work in to an outline again but this wasn't the main focus of the lesson the main focus was to do a small amount of leg-yielding and then to do some more of the shoulder in. To start with shoulder in was going well except he was drifting and changing into a half-pass which is not what we were supposed to do, so to get him moving we decided to do some pirouettes which is something I have never done before, but they were fun and surprisingly easy to do. The aim for those of you who don't know is for the horse to move through the shoulders getting good shoulder movement, and keep his back legs as still as possible. To start with there was still quite a bit of movement with Gatsby in the back end but after a few practices the movement was less. Then to make it more complicated, we moved on to doing shoulder in then on to a pirouette and then shoulder in again. This was really fun and something that I really enjoyed. He worked really hard and was a complete star, I'm lucky to ride such a great horse.

After this we went back to mine and watched pawn stars that my dad and sam liked, and then we chose to watch see spot run, my dad put it on because he knows that it is one of my favourite films. After this it was back down to duffield to do some stewarding at the bonfire and fireworks, and to watch them at the same time. They were amazing they were category 4 fireworks and looked gorgeous, the bangs could be heard from my house which is the otherside of the hill, about 5 miles maybe more away, but they were so amazing to watch and they looked so great, I can't wait to be able to watch them again next year. However all event has to be ruined by some people, some idiots got in to the changing room and locked themselves in a room and were smoking weed getting high, the police were rung and I don't know what happened about it after that, I chose to walk away from it at one point before things got out of control, of course after saying a few choice words.

Comments

  1. Ouch on your foot! I hope it feels better soon. Glad you had a great day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you :) its aching a bit so just going to stay off it til next weekend :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...