Skip to main content

Riding Antics, getting back on and missing cameras!

hey everybody,

Tonight isn't going to be the longest post as it hasn't been one of the best days and at the minute I am pretty tired even though I have been asleep from about 6/7ish really not quite sure what time I fell asleep. I didn't update last night as my best friend Evie invited me over to hers and we watched Ghost rider and then part of the Green Hornet but we didn't quite manage to finish that. 

Then today it was time for my riding lesson, there won't be any pictures of that though because the camera that I ordered for next day delivery didn't arrive today when I spent quite a bit extra and no-one knows where the camera has gone because somewhere along the lines the camera has managed to go missing or as my dad said someone might have stolen it. None of us are quite sure what is going on yet with that one but as soon as I know I will let you guys know. 

So today I got to Ride Gatsby again and we had quite a fun time grooming him even if he looked like he had a bath in muddy, I swear that he does it on purpose. We had a laugh because I put his head collar on him and then instead of tying him up I held it in my hand and inbetween eating whenever I went behind him to do his back legs he would turn and look at me and then get back to his food. Jaimie-leigh came back to riding today, she hadn't rode since she fell off so we got her back on and tried to keep her calm and I tried to give her plenty of space on Gatsby. She only walked around but you could see she was glad to be back on! 

I worked a lot on maintaining the outline which to start with was not too hard but because of how cold it was I could feel my fingers start to set in place. Which then towards the end of the lesson it got harder for me to get him in his outline was really hard. We then worked on leg-yielding and doing a bit of shoulder in but not too much of the shoulder in. We also looked at doing leg-yield from the track to the centre of the school and so on to make things about different we spent half an hour working in walk and then moved on to the trot, which on the right left rein was a lot easier than on the right rein and I think that its because physically my muscles are stronger than on my right! Jaimie-leight got after 40 minutes when she was really starting to ache but we think she did well for as lasting as long as she did. So I continued on Gatsby I could feel the improve that I had got now compared to what I was like when I first started riding there and Fiona and my mum both said i could see that. Mainly because I was staying in a better position myself making it easier on Gatsby the only thing that I really need to work on is keeping my shoulders back and my elbows in, and when he does drop in to an outline not starting to lean forwards.

I also got the biggest compliment so far in my riding! Fiona said that she could 'see how much I was improving on Gatsby and that I was coming on in leaps and bounds. That my seat and position were a lot stronger and you could tell I was improving and by doing so Gatsby was to!' It was so lovely to hear that,

I then untacked him and put his stable rug on and his new zealand rug and took his boots off. We had a laugh at this because the first rug I could get on really easily but then the second rug took a little bit more time. Because it had fallen off the rail it wasn't folded easily so that you could tell which end was which so me and mum straightened it out and then to put it on I had to throw it over my head and then place it on his back, only problem in this I got stuck under it and looked like one of those kids that throw a white sheet over their head to look like a ghost, but instead of a white sheet it was Gatsby's rug! 

Until Next Time 
A Very Sleepy Girl With A Dream!

Comments

  1. I hope your camera isn't stolen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same but I won't know the answer until Monday, no-one knows whats happening or where he camera is because it left one depot and never made it to the second depot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...