Skip to main content

Learning my test

Hiya Everyone, 

Well I'm just waiting for my homemade lasagne and Garlic Bread to cook that I made with my mum so I thought what better time than to write a post :). First of all I thought that I would let you know what Dressage Tests I am planning on doing in March. The first one is Intro B (I haven't seen this test yet, but I do know that it is a walk/trot test) and the second one is Prelim 14. My riding Teacher told me to learn this test this week so I thought what better way to do this than by writing it out here :), hope you guys don't mind but if you find it boring feel free to skip. 

1) Enter at A in Walking Trot and proceed down the centre line. At C turn Left. 
2) H to E working Trot, at E Circle Left 20 metres, E to K working trot. 
3) Between K AND A transition to walk for 2-5 steps, then proceed to working trot. 
4) FXH Change the rein in working trot. 
5) Between H AND C transition to walk for 2-5 steps, then proceed to working trot. 
6) B Circle right 20m give and retake the rein after E. 
7) Between F AND A working canter, KEH working canter. 
8) C circle right 20m diameter, MBF working canter. 
9) Between F and A working trot, between A and K Medium Walk. 
10) KXM Change the rein in a free walk on a long rein. M medium walk. 
11) Between M AND C working trot, HEK Working trot. 
12) Between K AND A working canter to the left, A circle left 20m Diameter. 
13) AFBM Working Canter. 
14) Between M AND C working trot. HXF Change the rein in working trot. 
15) A turn down the centre line. Between X AND G Halt, immobility, salute. 
Then leave the arena in a free walk on the long rein where appropriate. 

At the minute I am fairly certain that I can remember it, however until I try and ride it through on Saturday I am not going to be 100% sure whether I have got it remembered or not. It doesn't normally take me long to remember tests and I tend to read over it at least once a day. When I go to ride on Saturday I am going to ride as if it was competition day. I am going to warm up for about 15/20 minutes. Including bits of trot and canter work (But not huge amounts as I would not do big amounts on the day) and then ride through the test and see how it feels. 

I am also looking at buying the full set of British Dressage Tests so that I have got them for in the future and I can learn them and get ready for and up coming tests. 

The past couple of days I have been using the My Fitness Pal APP to track what food I am eating and making sure I stay with in my calorie limit, so far it is going really well and I have stayed under the amount of calories that I am allowed. I have also done a couple of minutes hula hooping (going to do some more later on tonight) I haven't got around to walking/running yet but I am going to get started on that tomorrow. I'm using the Endomondo app, that tracks walking, riding, cycling, running and other sports, and connects it straight to the My Fitness Pal app. If anyones got any tips on learning a test and riding at competitions feel free to leave me a comment. 

Until Next Time 
A Girl With A Dream 

Comments

  1. Do the British Dressage tests change every few years like our do? I don't have any advice on memorizing tests since I've never done it. I have a horrible memory. I'd probably have to have a reader because I have such horrible stage fright I totally freeze up when I ride in front of people lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not 100% sure if they change every few years but I get the feeling that they do, it is something that I will definitely look in to in the future. The way I end up memorising the tests was for my warm up I walked through the whole test before moving on to it. I also used to read the tests before I went to sleep so that I would remember them. I did have to have a reader though just to give me that little bit more confidence and support if that makes sense?

      Delete
    2. Totally makes sense! That's what I would have done too. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...