Skip to main content

11. Motivation goals, health and horsey calmness.

Today has been a long day and it is safe to say that I am knackered now. I ended up at my walk-in doctors this morning for theme to basically tell me to go back on sleeping pills as the paramedic felt that I am getting the the point of becoming an insomniac and that I am suffering with depression and anxiety/panic attacks. This is something that I have not dealt with before so I'm not actually sure how I'll deal with it really.  This morning my mum put Magics food in. Mum, Jack and I then went back to let magic out about 9.30 this morning, he had all four feet picked up and then walked to his field. Now the past two times that I habe let magic out he's been a pain for some reason when I walk him out to the field he gets half way there and then starts spinning around, running and just being a general idiot. I'm not sure what is causing it or why he is doing it but I am sure that I will figure it out soon.

This afternoon jack and I had to help his brother do a few jobs so that meant that we were out and about in the car for a few hours. I fell asleep in the car and just generally had time to space out. We then git home and jack and I decided to just curl up and watch TV now it's not unusual for me to go back to sleep during the day however today we both curled up together and then we were both out of it. After that it was time to do magic again he came in from the field really quietly and calmly and he was very good.  He then had his feet done again just to try and keep them as clean as possible, I've become a proper neat freak and clean freak since magic had the abcess in his hoof. I then put Magic in his stable and we had a little bit of a debate about his head collar, I think it is going to be one of those things that take time but my sure that we will get there in the end. I'm noworking curled back up in bed ready to chill out and just get some more sleep, that's after I have watched eastenders.

I also got my self a new piece of technology today I don't know if any of you can remember that I use an app called My fitness pal to manage my calorie in take. Well my uncle has loaned me the money to get a bracelet that tracks the calories burnt, the amount of steps I take during a day, my heart rate all day, it also monitors sleep, and the type of sleep that I have. All this data is then sent to my phone and I can check on it through out the day to see whether I am on track or not. I think that this will be really good for my health and focus me to stay on track. But right every one my food is done so it's time for me to eat so I'm off to sleep now.

Until next time
Amber and Magic

Comments

  1. A coworker has that bracelet thing. I wish I could try one! Especially for the sleep tracking.

    I have suffered with generalized anxiety and panic attacks (although those are rare) for years now. I also have very mild insomnia (basically if my schedule changes at all my sleep is completely messed up and take forever to get back on track, I also don't sleep when my anxiety is bad). I want to see a therapist for cognitive behavioral therapy, but I can't afford it. They have the most success with treating it. So much better than taking medicine which I'm trying to avoid. I've gotten better at controlling it, but it's been a struggle for many years. I have learned that it's all about our brains and thought processes. We have to retrain how our brains think. It's so hard to do on your own though. I would do so much better with a therapist I think. :( I wish I could offer more help.

    As for the insomnia, the best thing that helps me is distraction. I do a lot of reading, but if that's not working (sometimes it doesn't) I have several tricks for helping keep my brain distracted from anxious thoughts that keep me awake. Some work, some didn't, some work sometimes, but not all the time. One is counting. When that stopped working I had to get creative and count in 2s, 3s, etc. or backward. The problem is once I get habituated to one technique I can do it on autopilot and my brain wanders back to the anxious thoughts. Other things that work is visualization. I'll imagine myself galloping a horse on the beach, concentrating on each foot fall of the horse (often in slow motion). The only problem with visualization is you have to be very careful to not let the anxious thoughts creep in. You can't worry about tack, the horse misbehaving, falling off, etc. It has to be simple and perfect lol. Other things that work is replaying a movie in my head scene by scene. If you have a movie that you have memorized just play the scenes through your head trying to remember every details. Works with books too. I've also made up my own stories in my head at night. I have a bunch of characters, scenes, etc. that I only think about at night. I don't write about them when writing my novels lol. It is truly all about distraction for me. Meditations and breathing exercises help a lot of people, but trying to calm my brain when it's already racing doesn't do a thing for me. Concentrating on my breathing helps sometimes when I'm not really amped up. It's a lot of trial and error. I hope some of this helps. Sorry for the really long comment! Also sorry for not proofreading it haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...