Skip to main content

I'm back, and I've got plenty of pictures to share!

Well I tried writing this blog post yesterday, and then today I ended up deleting everything. It's been that long since I've blogged that I don't think I'd be able to catch you all up on everything in just one post. So I'm going to go about it differently and start off by letting you  know what I've been up to recently and then I'll just fill in the gaps as I go along. For those of you who don't have me on Facebook I've also had Magic in Derbyshire for a year now, while I've owned him since day one he's been all mine officially for just over a year and what a journey it's been. 

So today I took Magic for a walk, I think we calculated that we walked between 3 miles and 4 miles. This was the first time that I had taken Magic out in ages due to his lameness issues which are now all resolved. Which also enabled us to give him his second proper trim for his hooves. The farrier was really good with him, I wasn't actually there as I'd booked to have Magic's feet done at the same time as my Yard Owners horses. So she looked after Magic and was there while he had his feet done, apparently he was a bit spooky for the front feet but soon settled down and was fine for the back feet. I'm hoping in time he'll really settle down and just be able to have them all done calmly. Unfortunately that just hasn't quite happened at the moment. But slowly we'll get there. 
Okay so I may have forgot to tell you guys one thing, not only has Magic had his feet trimmed. He's also had his mane trimmed for the first time, it was getting to long and difficult to brush. I figured it was causing him more pain trying to sort it so he got a hair cut! 
Anyway back to todays walk, we walked from my yard, to my mum and dads house where we stopped and had a break and Magic tried to cut my mum's grass. Back to the yard again. Jack followed us in the car with his hazards on because I was a bit wary of taking Magic out on his own after having such a long time off. But Magic was amazing and we only really had one problem but that was due to a bus! You'll probably all remember that Magic gets a little bit spooked by buses, well this bus driver was actually really amazing, he slowed down and waited for Magic to be calm and then pass, but unfortunately the sound of the bus just sent him a little bit over board and he had a very mild tantrum. When we got back to the yard I popped Magic in his stable for a bit to have some of his hay net and then have his hard feed and Lynn popped him out later for me. 
Hard to believe at one point this hi viz was to big for him, now look at it, but for today we just had to make do so that's what we did. 
So what else is new with me? Well i'm sure that you will all remember Casper my little rescue doggy, but I don't think any of you will know who Diesel is. Diesel is my other rescue puppy, he's about 6 months old now, (I've had him just over a month), staffordshire bull terrier x pit bull. He's like casper an extremely loving personality who just wants to have lots of fun, and most importantly Casper just loves having him around! Diesel and casper both love to go on long walks, and pretty much love going wherever we go, they take trips to the stables with me in the evening for runs in the field. They cuddle up in bed with me and keep me warm and most of all they're just really comforting to have. When i'm having a bad day and really don't feel well enough to get up to Magic the dogs keep me motivated to get up and do SOMETHING! Even if it's just a quick walk to where the shops are near me and back.
My other two fur babies, both loving cuddles on the bed and chilling out and of course Casper loves his kisses. 



But lastly my main man! Isn't he just the cutest thing ever! 

Until Next Time 
Amber, Magic, Casper and Diesel.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...