Skip to main content

catching up - new goals and ambitions

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the lack of posting over the Christmas period, I thought that I would have some time off ready to hit the new year with posts every date and plenty of magic updates. When I first started writing this blog it was a journey to getting my own horse, a journey through my riding, and a journey to where I would end up in life. Now part of that journey has been completed, I have my very own horse, the only real dream that I have had since a young age has come true, and I'm not going to stop there. So as life is a journey I've decided that the best thing to do is keep writing my blog. So what's to come in this journey? Me completing my BHS stages and exams, both in riding, teaching, care and lunging. I aim to get my own stables and yard, that will primarily be a livery yard but will also be a rescuing and rehoming centre for animals that really need help, while it will mainly be horses, I'd like to think that I could include other animals too. Making Magic the best horse that he can be, Magic is already doing so well, everything that I ask him to do he just takes in his stride and he is always willing to learn. While I know that he is not your traditional horse my aim is to compete at dressage with him, as well as have lots of fun along the way! My other aims are smaller and simpler, things such as become good at dealing with finances, get my health in better condition and also lose weight. So I think that I have plenty of writing to do that you guys can all enjoy.

Magic has been doing really well recently, he has had Christmas off to just enjoy being a horse and get lots of fuss and attention. Just before Christmas his roller came so magic has had this on twice, once when he was being lunged and once when we were just having some fuss in the stable. Magic has also been clipped for the second year, last year he had a fully body clip just leaving his legs fury, however I think that was too much, so this year magic has had a trace clip and he looks really good. It makes him look older than he is but I think part of that is his personality. His lunging is coming on well, he can lunge in both directions competently at walk and trot, we have yet to try canter. He can free school, although this is something that we do less often but again he is competent with walk and trot, voice prompts and directions. He is a very trusting willing horse who over the next few months is going to begin his journey towards ready to start being backed at three.

I am getting there slowly with my goals, but they are things that will take time, my weight tends to yo-yo up an down but this is something that I am used to. Unfortunately due to bad health, and problems with my legs, my doctor has decided that I can't do any strenuous activity for the moment. So that means that I am currently limited on what I can do until I see the physio next Wednesday, So for the minute the dogs are being walked, calories are being watched, and light activity at the gym is happening if I feel up to it. Since going on my journey to lose weight I have lost roughly a stone and a half and I plan to keep losing more. Come January I'm going to become even stricter with what I am and am not doing towards this goal as well.

So on that note this post has got a bit longer than I planned for it to be, so I'm off to do some clothes washing, watch T.V. and try and get warm.

Until next time
Amber, Magic, Casper and Diesel

Comments

  1. You doing really well with Magic and calming Casper and Diesel as well as the weight battle keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey everyone feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my blog, feel free to ask any questions. Anonymous comments are welcome to!
Thanks for stopping by!
A Girl With A Dream

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...