Skip to main content

Horse mum panic - 'is this rug enough'

Well temperatures are set to plummet again tonight apparently with lows of -15 degrees. Now i know to some people this is not very cold but to us this is freezing. So this created mad mum panic that magic needed a new rug with a neck. Pictures below, so I got him a 250gram Sheldon combined rug in blue. Now I have never been a huge fan of blue I am sure that you will all know that for me everything has to be pink, but I was pleasantly surprised that aqua blue looks really good on magic so maybe this will be a new colour gets seen in more often. But then anything is possible when you have a rainbow coloured head collar. 

I have to admit that I am growing fond of this colour on magic and maybe it will be seen more often. 

My sleeping pattern is also fifty shades of messed up at the moment.  I don't go to sleep until 4 or 5 in the morning and then some nights I do go to sleep at a normal time but an hour later I'm awake again, and end up with only 2 or 3 hours sleep. It's getting to the point it's driving me insane but the doctors have told me that I'm not allowed any medications for my sleep. I'm also suffering with restless leg syndrome, it had a flair up about 3 weeks ago. I've got to say they were the start of my sleeping problems and it's such a hard thing to deal with as your legs will literally feel 100% numb you can't get comfy but you still spend the whole night trying until eventually your that exhausted that you just kind of pass out. The plus side is that my evenings now get spent curled up in bed with my dogs. 

So some people may be curious what my plans are at the minute, so I'll tell you all a bit more as those of you that have me on Facebook you will know that I am currently under going my BHS training. Due to my weight at the moment I can not currently ride. So I'm just doing the care side I have just completed my BHS STAGE 1 IN CARE, in the new year my plan will be to undergo my stage 2 and start getting my teaching qualifications. I Will then start looking for teaching jobs but also become self employed once I have saved up enough I plan to open my own livery yard. My plans with magic are to wait until he is 3 I will then start to increase his work and see how he is doing and if he's ready to start slowly being backed. I plan on getting him a new bridle and of course a blingy browband. I also plan on initially getting a used second hand sue Carson saddle and then in the future I will buy magic a new sue Carson dressage saddle. 

Anyway I'm now off to watch heartland I wonder why I never found this TV series until now. 

Until next time 
Amber, magic, Casper and diesel. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CON ARTIST - NICKI WILLIAMS - BEWARE

Okay so this post has taken me a while to post for several reasons but the main one being just how angry this woman has made me.  For those of you that have been following my blog for a long while you will know that back around October of 2016, I was introduced to a woman called Nicki Williams, she was a friend of a friend that was supposed to be opening a centre for rehoming and rescuing animals, but also for horses working with soldiers that has PTSD. We hit it off straight away and came what I thought to be good friends. However warning bells should have probably rang sooner. By January or February of last year the horses that I had agreed to look after (that she had got on loan) Bella and Arthur, she was being threatened that she would have them taken off her by the control of horses act, because she hadn't been paying the rent for the field. Although Nicki reassured me that she had done, she even showed my 'payments' that had been made to Angie. I ended up getti...

Just as you think things are getting better they prove not to be.

On Sunday in the Early hours of the morning my nan took another fall, while she was trying to go to the toilet, (she has an en suite so it wasn't a long way for her to walk but she went all dizzy and then fell), and as she has a small compact bathroom she hit her head on the side of the bath. Today we had the Doctor out to see her and he was worried with the fact that her blood pressure drops so low when she stands up and when following the doctors finger when looking to the right her eye was jerking side ways but not to the left. So he said he wanted her to go in to a Day case unit and have a whole load of tests including a brain scan, blood tests and chest x-rays. He wrote a cover note/letter and my Uncle took my nan to the doctors. While she was there she had an ECG, blood tests and chest x-rays but no brain scan which was the most important one that she needed. They then told her that her blood pressure was fine but it was her heart that they were worried about. She never had ...

an intense few days.

The past few days have been INTENSE to say the least. Both days have been filled with horsey madness and while I am aching now I feel good for managing to accomplish everything that I have done. There will be some video's soon but I honestly just haven't got around to uploading them and editing them so as soon as I do that I'll let you know and you can all see. Yesterday I went up to do Magic, after all the ponies nearly escaped from the field I eventually managed to convince him to come and do some work. He had a really nice groom and fuss, which he LOVED. Then I put his bridle with his new reins on, and his lunge cavesson (not sure if I have spelt that right), we lunged nicely for both ways doing walk, trot and canter. Then out of no where going to the right he exploded. I couldn't see anything that had happened so assumed he was just having one of his moments and that he would be fine and calm down, but that I might need to free school him first. So I did what I...