Archive for May 2013
- A - Enter working trot rising. Score 8/10. St Cl Active.
- C - Track Left. 7/10. Active paces.
- E - Circle Left 20m. 7/10. Could have been rounder.
- Between K and A - working Canter Left lead. 7/10. Good Balance.
- B - Circle Left 20m. 5/10. Broke.
- Approaching B - Working Trot. 6/10. Could be safer.
- C - Medium Walk. 5/10. Jogged.
- HXF - Free Walk on a long rein. FA Medium Walk. 8/10. Good stretch and length of stride.
- A - Working Trot. 8/10. No comment
- E - Circle Right 20m. 7/10. Becoming Softer.
- Between H&C - Working canter right lead. 5/10. Late to Canter.
- B - Circle right 20m. 5/10. Broke.
- Approaching B - Working Trot. 7/10. No Comment.
- A - Down Centre Line. X - Halt. Salute. 6/10. Brief half. 1/4 right.
- Rider's positions and influence - straightness, balance and suppleness. Correctness and effectiveness of the aids, execution of the movements. 7/10. Comment - Need to work on the effectiveness of and in canter.
- Relaxation and correct contact - Calm and Confident. Elastic Contact, with a relaxed horses that is free and regular. Accepting the bridle and the riders leg aids. - 6/10. Comment - Maintain rein contact and encourage softer outline
- Regularity and Freedom - Relaxed and free of tension. Willingness to move freely forward with regularity in all paces. 7/10. Comment - Paces at times a little hurried and lose of rhythm.
- General Impression - The horse and rider work confidently as a combination showing smoothness, regularity and relaxation. Transitions are smooth and the rider positively influences the horse, following the movement. 7/10. Comment - More practice at test riding to relax more.
Today has been a long day I did manage to get a good night's sleep ams I kind of just collapsed in bed at about 9:30 which is a lot earlier than I am used to. But it did me some good.
Ok its time to actually write a decent length post, while I have not been posting the past few days I have been reading everyone's blogs and would like to say that my thoughts are with L over at Viva Carlos during this tough time that she is going through.
posted by AmberRose- Girl With a Dream on tired
I'm still alive but I am really tired the past few days have been a nightmare and I'm hoping things are going to get better from here. But it's a long story, so tomorrow i am going to write a detailed post .
Until Next Time
A Girl With A Dream
So much fun recently yesterday I had a great ride on Gatsby and see generally fun day at the stables when I first got there fiona asked if I was going to the workshop on leg yielding and shoulder in that afternoon. I said that I would like to and fiona and Elaine said that if I wanted to i could stay and help for the afternoon.
My ride on Gatsby was amazing I love it. I spent half an hour grooming Gatsby. When I got on he seemed quite lazy to start with so I decided to carry a crop in the walk he was dropping nicely in to the outline he was really stepping under the with his hind leg. We moved on to the trot and did some trot poles he was really stepping under himself ans he was really floaty he felt amazing. We quickly moved on to the canter to start with I wasn't using enough leg so I wasn't getting anything other than a fancy faster trot. I then decided that I was going to ask for the canter and mean it and boy was the change in him amazing. We git quicker smoother transitions that were nice to ride and I was better at keeping him going. We did an exercise where fiona shouted out when she wanted me to trot and canter to start with she would say between two markers then as I was getting quicker better transitions she started shouting when to change at a specific marker. The final one that we did was canter at E trot at A canter at B and trot again at C it was tiring and hard work but I enjoyed it. We then went back to trot went over the poles picked up canter and went large. To end with we did walk to canter transitions we then had two canter poles set up with one stride inbetween the two. The first time Gatsby jumped the pole and I became really unbalanced the second time I was expecting up and was really able to work with him and not against him and towards the end I was counting strides and using my jump seat to become more balanced over the poles. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to be able to start jumping Gatsby again it is going to be so much fun. I can't wait.
I then had my lunch, and went to watch one of the lessons half way through we had to switch horses because Daisy who is a new horse there started throwing in books and was becoming really grumpy. At one point she turned her back to Fiona and was attempting to kick her. Whether she stays or now will be interesting to see. I then helped Elaine to hang the hay nets for fionas horses and put Gatsby away after his last lesson. I put his and Rosie's rug on and helped Kelly to feed the horses. I then got to turn out with Elaine and sort out skipping out stables and putting the hay nets up. It was great fun and I really enjoyed it.
The workshop in the afternoon was great. We got to see fiona ride her horse Vettie who is a grand prix level horse. To start with she showed us the shoulder in the was really easy to see how she makes the movements to get Vettie to move. She also showed us the difference between half pass and leg yielding. Something that Gatsby and I can often get mixed up. It was amazing to see how just the most subtle movement can change what you are doing. We also got to see the more extended canter and trot it looked amazing. He was so floaty and gorgeous. the most important thing that I learnt was how important my stomach muscles are and that while for so long I can use other muscles instead of my stomach muscles it is more important that I use my stomach muscles. So I am going to work really hard to strengthen my stomach muscles.
Tomorrow I am going out with Dean and sue then in the evening I have got pony club I can not wait it is going to be amazing. More pony time!! I love spending time with horses. Which leads me to what could be a new change. Now that I have left school fiona has said that I am more than welcome to stay and help. Also that I might be able to ride Gatsby more which in the long run will definitely help me to strengthen muscles but also to keep more consistent. which in this sport is so important. I also might be able to hack out Gatsby. I am so excited at what they futures hold.
Until Next Time
A Girl With A Dream
|As promised pictures of my drive and where I have to park on the picture below you can see what I mean about it being a tight space to park in. It is really difficult.|
|lastly one very shiny Gatsby|
|Excuse the double chin I was looking down and had my head tilted forwards . Also excuse my really messy room.|
|I love this picture it shows really well why I wanted this dress. The fact that it makes my waste smaller. I also love the beading detail as it draws the eye away from my stomach.|
|My skin looks so pale, I'm naturally really pale some pictures show it and other pictures don't this one does.|
|Another side view to show my loss of weight, but you can also see the baggy harem pants that cover the legs up for the more weight conscious dancer but also allowed movement.|
|Funny Angle, mum took these pictures at an angle because when I am taking pictures I often take them at an odd angle.|
|Don't look quite as pale but I love the framing that goes around this picture.|
|I just like this photo because you can see all the different colours but you don't see all the different garments.|
|Love the pink look that my hair has in this picture (it's due to be re-dyed soon). I look bigger in this photo because I am slouching forwards but I still like this picture.|
A Girl With A Dream